Attention - Public Safety Power Shutoff Information
As of the most current information received by City officials, the City of Lodi is not expected to be impacted by the Public Safety Power Shutoff event called for Wednesday, November 20th. PG&E and Lodi Electric will continue to monitor this situation closely and will update our customers if new information becomes available.
The City of Lodi encourages all of our customers to sign up for alert notifications at www.lodi.gov under the “Notify Me” button. Additional information on how to prepare for an extended power outage such as a Public Safety Power Shutoff event can be found at www.lodielectric.com.
Please feel free to reach out if you have any follow up questions or concerns.
Wildfire Emergency Preparedness
Public Safety Power Shutoff
California is taking unprecedented measures to protect all California residents and businesses from the risk of wildfire. As PG&E implements its Public Safety Power Shutoff program to reduce the risk of wildfires this season, Lodi Electric is committed to ensuring customers are informed and prepared.
- Certain conditions, when paired with extreme weather events, can pose an increased risk of wildfire. These conditions include:
- High wind days; low humidity levels
- Dry vegetation that could fuel a wildfire
- Red Flag Warnings declared by the National Weather Service
- The PG&E facilities that provide transmission of power to Lodi are not located within high fire threat areas. However, to the extent that actions taken by PG&E to reduce the risk of wildfire have broader implications on the power grid, the City of Lodi may experience power outages.
- Because of the integrated nature of the power grid, PG&E’s decision to use power outages as a wildfire mitigation measure is beyond Lodi Electric’s control; however, every step will be taken to restore power as soon as possible in the event of an outage.
- PG&E has met with Lodi Electric staff to discuss communication plans in the event of a Public Safety Power Shutoff and will continue to discuss the specific impacts to Lodi.
- City staff are working to identify emergency/cooling centers in the event of a citywide power outage.
Sign up for Electric Outage and Emergency Alerts through the City’s Alert Center at www.lodi.gov under Notify Me for updates and information as it becomes available.
Dial 9-1-1 for Life Threatening Emergencies
For Electric Emergencies 24/7 Call 368-5735
Customer Preparedness Tips
Public Safety Power Shutoff General Information
Public Safety Power Shutoff Additional Resources
- www.pge.com/wildfiresafety - PG&E wildfire safety website
- www.prepareforpowerdown.com– Public Safety Power Shutoff Information
- www.ready.gov/wildfires – Disaster preparedness information from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- www.readyforwildfire.org – CAL FIRE’s wildfire preparedness website
- www.cpuc.ca.gov/wildfiresinfo – Information on the CPUC’s wildfire safety efforts
- www.caloes.ca.gov – California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services website
- www.noaa.gov – National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration website